Sunday, May 16, 2010

Catching up

As with any vacation, the arduous process of re-entering the life you previously had begins with sudden force... typically occurring before you are ready and taking you by surprise. "Why, yes, of course I know it is Sunday, and here are the plans I have made to be ready for work tomorrow..." and so on and so forth. HOWEVER, I am certain that anyone can attest Sunday is a restless night, Monday morning deadlines appear out of nowhere, and you are left wondering how in the heck you dealt with all of this madness in the first place.

Now, I began this process last week. All of the pre-planning in the world could not have assisted in the transition from waking up to a mountain view to begin my day of non-planned activities to seeing clients, making phone calls to various professionals, and catching up on the world... we have also missed the news the last month or so, and it has been fascinating on learning all of the things of significance that have and have not happened.

Jeff will begin this process tomorrow. As I am typing, he is snuggled in bed preparing for the week ahead. I shudder to think of how his week of video games will transition back into the "real world."

On the plus side, we were able to have some friends over this weekend. The weather deemed it necessary to rain out our cook out, so we were reduced to inside dinner ideas. We decided to have "build your own Chipotle burrito night," complete with veggies, rice, meat, tortillas, sour cream, guacamole, cheese, and salsa. They were pretty good, if I do say so myself (and I will: They were pretty good). :) It was an excellent opportunity to catch up on the happenings of life (can you believe things have been happening to other people, too?!), see some friends, and reminisce about the old times (most of which I was not present for but enjoyed listening to anyway).

Now bed is calling, and I bid you goodnight. Know that I miss everyone and think of you often, no matter who you may be. Hope all is well with you and yours.

No comments: