Monday, July 27, 2009

El Mall-o of America-o

ROAD TRIP!! Ok, so I got the opportunity to travel to Minnesota with 2 of my besties. We hit the Mall of America by storm, cleaned out the IKEA store, and spent the remainder of the time driving around... sometimes lost, sometimes knowing full well where we were. In any case, it was a wonderful chance for me to catch up with my 2 MOHs and spend a relaxing weekend away from home.



We were at the Mall on Spongebob weekend, which means we got to meet many characters. Kym and I even stood in line to see Spongebob and Patrick!!!



Also on the celebrity list for the weekend: Dora and Diego, the Backyardigans, the Rescuers, Underwater Adventure Shark, Bubba Gump Shrimp, and a possible David Hasselhoff (which is the only one I did not get a picture of after Haley reminded me to "not Hassel the Hoff").

I also found my new favorite store: IKEA!!! For those of you not "in the know" (and I was not "in the know" until I walked into the store), IKEA is like a Home Depot meets Bed, Bath, and Beyond meets Sam's Club. It was AMAZING!!! Those crazy Swedes and their WONDERFUL stores!!!



Besdies carrying our cameras with us everywhere and taking pictures of everything, we also stopped at the state signs for photos. Somewhere along the way (or before I left, AHEM JEFF), I managed to catch the plague. Seeing as how Jeff was sick while we were away and I managed to produce the same symptoms upon my arrival home, I am choosing to blame him and his stinking boy cooties. It's been difficult slowing down to be sick for the second time in such a short time frame, but I am trying my best. At least I was able to pass it along to my client who got me sick the first time. :) "Gift" repaid!

Other than that, we have not been up to much. This past weekend we missed a birthday party due to still being contagious (my client and fellow road trippers proved the the virus was still very much alive and share-able). We have also fallen behind on keeping up with all our friends and family due to sleeping so much (sorry to all who are still waiting for a return call).

Anywho, hope all is well with you and yours!!! :)

No comments: