So, as many of you know, I started my first "Big Kid" job last week. I am doing in-home therapy services and am loving it so far. One thing that I am NOT loving: I am SOOOOOOOO tired!!! The first day of work I came home at 6 and tried to crawl into bed at 730. Jeff did not buy my reasoning that the sun was going to set soon and we needed to be in bed to prepare for the sleeping. That is essentially the way the rest of the week went; brain overloading during the days and trying to go to sleep as early as possible in the evenings.
As you can probably imagine by the title of this particular blog entry, I reconnected with an old friend: The Chip Sandwich. I was reminded of how much I missed it, and Jeff was reminded of why he banned them from our apartment last summer. For those of you still wondering what the heck a Chip Sandwich is or how to make it, I have decided to give you a step by step instruction.
Ingredients needed: 2 slices of bread, 2 slices of American cheese (I use Borden's), Chips (I use Lay's Cheddar and Sour Cream potato chips, but feel free to experiment)
1) Take the chips and put them on 1 slice of bread. Pile them on high.
2) Take the 2 slices of cheese and put them on top of the chips.
3) Place the 2nd piece of bread on top of the cheese and smash down. If you don't hear them crunch, the sandwich is not going to fit into your mouth.
4) Microwave for 15-25 seconds. Keep in mind that the more you microwave, the more moist the bread at the bottom gets after you take it out. You want the cheese to be slightly melted but not cold. I typically go for 20 seconds, but this is really an approximation.
5) Eat. Pieces of chips will fall out as you are trying to eat, but that just means you get to have a Chip Sandwich with a side of Chips. ENJOY!!!
I tried to take pictures to go along with this blog, but for some reason the Chip Sandwich disappeared long before the camera could capture the true essence. Also, I didn't want to risk getting drool on my camera. I hope you understand.
So this is how the week went, but the weekend was different and full of excitement... I will let Jeff tell you all about that. :) Until then, hope your Memorial Day weekend was restful and that you took a moment to remember the fallen. Have a great day!! :)