Sunday, September 13, 2009

Home at Last


Hi, my name is Duncan. I am an 8 week old Lab. Well, I think I am a Lab. My doggy-mom was a Lab, and my doggy-dad was a Lab... I'm not sure what that makes me, but I think I heard someone say I was a Lab...

I came to live with my Mommy and Daddy today! They started coming to see me about 6 weeks ago. They came at least once a week to play for a few hours... sometimes they only sat and petted me while I slept, but they came every single week. Mommy heard about me through someone she works with, who goes to a jazzer-cise class with the nice lady who helped rescue my doggy-mom.

My doggy-mom, Bella, wandered into a shelter the day before I was born. Can you believe they were hurrying up to euthanize her before she delivered so that me and my brothers and sisters (all 10 of us) would die so they didn't have to take care of us?? But then some people came in and took out all of the animals that they thought could be adopted, but were about to be euthanized, and put them in foster homes until they could all be adopted. It was very lucky for my doggy-mom and brothers and sisters and me that they came. I was born the very next day! My would be death-date turned into my birthday! I'm told that day is also extra special to my Mommy and Daddy because they celebrated their 3 year anniversary on the day I was born!

So far I've spent a lot of time sleeping, sleeping, and sleeping. In fact, Grandma Jaye just called to see how I was doing (I went to visit her a little while ago and peed all over her rug... to be fair, it WAS green and looks a bit like astro-turf). While Grandma Jaye was on the phone I fell asleep TWICE! My Mommy thinks it's really funny. I don't sleep for long, though. I have also been trying to figure out how to get around the doggy-blocks they put in the living room to keep me here. They are getting ready to move and don't want me getting into any of the stuff they may have accidently left out (but I understand they've spent the last week puppy-fying their apartment getting ready for me). Overall, I'm very excited to finally be home, and I really like playing with my Daddy. Well, at least when I'm not sleeping. :)

Duncan Jones

1 comment:

Jessie Mae said...

OMG...this is the CUTEST dog EVER....congrats you two!